American Tubs Warranty Plan
We have the utmost confidence in our product. We strive to deliver you the highest quality and most reliable walk-in tub on the market. However, in the event that you experience problems, we offer the following warranty benefits to protect your interests. Please don’t hesitate to call if you are experiencing any issues which are covered by your warranty. We will endeavor to make the process as smooth as possible, so that you can continue to enjoy the benefits of your walk-in tub.
Conditions of Warranty apply for as long as
• the original end-user purchaser owns the product.
• the tub has remained in the original home.
• the tub has been used only for personal household use.
Parts warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and material under normal use and conditions for the lifetime of the end-user purchaser:
• Fiberglass bathtub shell.
• Stainless steel frame.
• Door mechanism.
• Door handle.
• Vinyl door seal.
Gelcoat tub finish is warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and material under normal use and conditions for 10 years. The warranty does not apply under the following circumstances:
• Unreported damage caused by shipping.
• Installation damage.
• Improper maintenance.
• Excessive wear.
• Sun fading.
• Scouring due to cleaning.
• Excessive weight load on the shell.
The following supporting equipment is covered under a 2-year warranty:
• Electronic controls.
• Plastic fittings.
• Drain and overflow.
• All plated finishes.
Pump and faucet seals:
These are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of delivery to the original end-user purchaser.
If tubs are installed for commercial or institutional purposes, the Lifetime, 10-year, and 2-year warranties above will be reduced to 10 years, 5 years, and 1 year, respectively.
The following is not covered under the warranty:
• Water damage to structures or property for any reason.
• For the loss of the system.
• Inconvenience due to loss.
• Damage to real or personal property or consequential damage.
• Incidental expenses.
• Material charges.
• Shipping charges in connection with removal or replacement of the purchased part or any parts of the system.
• Alteration or modification of bathtub.
• Chemical corrosion.
• Improper maintenance.
• Installation, including plumbing and electrical connections, and improper installation. The licensed contractor that performed the installation is legally mandated to provide a limited warranty for the installation.
Our warranty may not be extended or modified by agents or representatives.
This warranty shall not apply to any failure resulting from improper installation, negligence, abuse, misuse, misapplication, alteration or modification, or improper maintenance.