Benefits of Top Quality Walk-in Bathtubs
Experience the Healing Therapy of the Best Walk-in Tub on the Market in the Privacy of your own Home
Overtime, it becomes necessary to adjust certain aspects of our lifestyles to accommodate our changing needs. Considering that the bathroom is one of the most dangerous rooms in the house, replacing a traditional bathtub with a walk-in bathtub might be one of those necessary changes. But, what exactly is a walk-in tub and why should one consider investing in one? A walk-in tub is used for the same purpose as the traditional bathtub, but it has been modified with features that make the bathing experience safer, more convenient, and more comfortable.
Walk-in tubs are made with particular groups of people in mind, especially those who have challenges with their mobility. People who are physically disabled, the elderly, and those with other physical ailments such as arthritis, diabetes, or certain skin conditions should especially make use of walk-in tubs. Why? With cleverly designed safety and spa features, these tubs provide independence and an increased quality of life and health. If you are caring for an elderly loved one, or if you have physical challenges yourself, it is important to have a walk-in tub fitted as it will keep both you and your loved ones safe while taking a bath. A walk-in tub is the safest type of tub for anybody, despite age or physical ability.
Many people will opt to buy safety accessories for their existing, traditional bathtub when in fact these do not provide the safety and convenience offered by walk-in tubs. Walk-in tubs are watertight with an optional built in door drain, so you will not have to worry about water escaping onto your bathroom floor. In addition, each of our tubs comes with an ADA compliant, 17″ high seat, anti-slip flooring, and integrated and mounted safety bars. This, coupled with the fact that our tubs are larger and deeper than traditional bathtubs, allows for senior citizens and/or those with mobility issues to both shower and bath with increased comfort and safety.
Beneficial Safety Features
There are Several Safety Features Included with a Walk-in Tub
- Door for easy access: Our walk-in tubs provide a low, 6″ threshold through a lightweight, fiberglass door that hinges perfectly to avoid hitting the bather’s knees. Getting into a traditional bathtub can be tricky for people with mobility issues. The easy to use door in a walk-in tub can be designed to swing inward or outward, and it helps customers to the avoid falls and injuries that could be sustained by entering and exiting a traditional bathtub.
- Slip-resistant bottom: Being vulnerable to slips while taking a bath is often a concern. Traditional bathtubs have smooth surfaces which become very slippery when wet. Walk in tubs, however, are made with a textured, non-skid bottom surface to ensure that bathers avoid the risk of slipping while enjoying their bath.
- Anti-scald technology: In order to avoid scalding or burning, which may occur as a result of water being too hot, the walk-in tub comes with anti-scald technology. This technology maintains a constant temperature of your choosing. You can therefore take a bath without worrying about interruptions caused by fluctuating water temperatures.
- Safety Bars: Walk in tubs also come with built in safety bars located on the inside of the bathtub. This safety feature allows the bather to change position easily while bathing. It also provides a stabilizing force for when the bather needs to stand up or sit down in the bath.
- Contoured Seating: Each walk in tub includes a 17″ high, ADA compliant, contoured seat which is ergonomically nestled inside the tub for added comfort and safety. This seat allows you to maneuver yourself into and out of the bath from a higher center of gravity than a traditional tub. This makes things a lot easier for those who lack muscle strength or find it difficult to get up from a lying position.
Hydrotherapy and its Benefits
From aching joints to sleep disorders, a walk-in tub provides relief.
While many understand the importance of water inside the body, it is important to highlight the healing effects that water has outside the body. With no adverse side effects, hydrotherapy uses water to heal your body, naturally, and keep ailments at bay. Soaking in water relieves the body of the effects of gravity. The buoyancy of water has been shown to reduce the body’s weight by 90 percent which means that there is less pressure on your joints, muscles, and bones.
Furthermore, bathing in warm water dilates your blood vessels and boosts blood circulation, thereby increasing the efficiency of enzymes and endorphins, both of which are important natural pain relievers in the body. By investing in an American Tubs walk-in tub, you will be investing in a product that has been designed to fully utilize the advantages of hydrotherapy. You will enjoy the healing benefits of hydrotherapy in several different ways:
- Cardiovascular benefits: warm water increases heart rate while lowering blood pressure.
- Muscles and Joints: eases muscle tension, along with joint and back pain.
- Skin Conditions: moisturizes skin and alleviates symptoms of conditions such as rashes, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Inflammation: reduces inflammation of varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and tendinitis.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: alleviates pain in the wrist and hands.
- Arthritis: helps ease joint pain caused by chronic arthritis.
- Fibromyalgia: assists in relief of pain and tension caused by symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Rehabilitation: assists in healing from accidents, traumas, and strokes.
- Sleep Disorders: improves sleep quality and remedies insomnia.
- Depression, Anxiety, and Stress: helps lift the pressures and cares caused by chronic depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Alzheimer’s: provides a secure, relaxed, and dignified environment for patients with Alzheimer’s.
- Diabetes: warm water reduces stress and blood sugar levels for patients with Diabetes.
- Boosts Immunities: warm water helps to release endorphins into your system which aids in a healthier immune system.
Benefits of Chromotherapy
The Healing Power of Light and Color
Chromotherapy, used frequently today by homeopaths and occupational therapists, is an ancient practice that channels the energy produced by light to affect various aspects of our health and well-being. This therapy operates from the concept that each color that we perceive has its own wavelength, frequency, and quantity. When a particular color, or wavelength, reaches our eye, it directly impacts certain energy centers in our bodies that are directly linked to that color. Thus, the energy from color and the energy in our bodies link, psychosomatically, to produce balance and vitality for better health.
- Red: stimulates circulatory system and promotes vitality and energy.
- Orange: aids respiratory and nervous systems, combats fatigue, and promotes good mental health.
- Yellow: energizes, provides stimulation, fortifies, and relaxes.
- Green: calms nervous system, promotes good vision.
- Turquoise: regenerates, calms pain, relaxes the mind.
- Blue: promotes peace and tranquility, boosts the capacity of the conscious mind.
- Magenta: harmonizes emotions.
When the soothing, warm water of a walk-in tub is coupled with the appropriate colors, your bathing experience is both cleansing and healing. With an American Tubs walk-in tub, your bath time can be transformed into a sanctuary of well-being that will enhance your quality of life.
Benefits of Aromatherapy
The Healing Power of Scent
Like Chromotherapy, Aromatherapy is also an ancient, holistic therapy which harnesses the healing energy of scents from the natural oils of flowers, bark, stems, leaves, and roots. The various scents interact with neurotransmitters in our brains to promote health and cognitive function. Essential oils from plants positively alter the harmful effects of free radicals in our systems, neutralizing the negative repercussions of oxidation. In turn, this reduces inflammation and pain, eliminates stress and anxiety, and promotes healthy cognition.
- Oregano Oil: immunity boosting with antiviral properties.
- Ginger Oil: promotes digestive health and aids in the improvement of constipation and ulcers.
- Peppermint Oil: relief of IBS symptoms and improves attention span.
- Lavender Oil: reduces anxiety and depression. Reduces pain.
- Rosemary Oil: helps improve dermatitis, eczema and other skin conditions.
- Lemongrass: aids in weight loss, lifts the mood, and promotes a healthy immune system.
Aromatherapy beads* can be placed in an easy to clean, elegantly designed, oil resistant diffuser that is mounted on your tub’s deck. In order to regulate your scent, your diffuser comes with a .5 amp air pump which distributes a modest amount of fragrance to enhance your bathing experience. Combined with the chromotherapy option, or on its own, you can add a healthy sense of whimsy and luxury to your bath time as you swathe yourself in blissful water, harmonious light, and beautiful aroma.
*We provide a sample of aromatherapy beads with the original purchase of your walk-in tub; however, you can purchase future aromatherapy beads from a vendor of your choosing.
Call today. (800) 577-8457. We would love to discuss the various health promoting benefits of American Tubs walk-in tubs with you. Our knowledgeable and caring sales team are standing by to help you get the process started. Start feeling better, become more flexible, and reduce stress by treating your body, mind, and spirit to the healing benefits of hydrotherapy, daily, in the privacy of your own home.