CARE Series 2848S Soaker Walk-in Tub
The CARE 2848S is the right choice for individuals who need a walk-in tub that provides generous space for soaking while also being compact enough to replace a 48” shower stall. To ease the time and cost of installation, this model comes with a flangeless design and a 12” extension kit that will fit any standard, 60” bathtub opening. Bathers will enjoy deeper immersion into their tub’s water with this model’s special, 40” height. The CARE 2848S has an S-shaped door with a 15.5” wide opening, allowing individuals to enter and exit their tub with ease and safety. Optimal for bathers between 100-250 lbs., this model delivers an excellent bathing experience to our fuller figured customers seeking to invest in a compact walk-in tub that provides a roomy and relaxing spa-like experience in the privacy of their own home.
Your safety is our number one concern. We have designed and developed the CARE 2848S to ensure that our customers can bathe in the safest and most secure walk-in bathtub for their specific needs. We ensure your safety with the following features:
- Easy and convenient, user friendly design
- Inswing, S-shaped, low 6″ threshold, water tight, doorway with a silicone rubber door seal, a 21″ wide opening, and a lifetime warranty
- ADA compliant, 17″ high, 23″ wide contoured seat
- Non-slip flooring.
- Mounted U-bar
- Easy to use cable actuated drain and overflow kit
- Door Drain to eliminate water from escaping onto your bathroom flooring.
Comfort and Convenience
The Care 2848S is designed to fit easily through doorways, hallways and through stairwells. Constructed to replace an existing shower or bath, this model is both cost effective and cleverly crafted. This model comes with the following features to make the installation of your new walk-in tub as worry free as possible:
- Measurements of 28 ¼″(W) x 47 ½″ (L) x 40″(H) to fit conveniently through doorways, hallways and stairwells.
- Flangeless design to preserve existing tile work around bathtub or shower stalls.
- Optional flange kit available.
- 12 ½″ extension kit to fit a standard 60″ bathtub or shower stall opening.
- Easy to use access maintenance panels.
- End panels for 2 wall installation.
We aim to provide you with the most durable, comfortable and safe walk-in tub on the market. The CARE 2848S, like all American Tubs walk-in tub models, is constructed with the highest quality components available. This model is offered with a limited lifetime warranty and it is manufactured to meet strict industry standards:
- Fabricated with woven marine-grade fiberglass.
- Coated with a durable, triple gel coat, high gloss finish that offers beauty and durability.
- Each tub basin in secured into a one-piece, stainless-steel frame.
- 6 adjustable leveling legs are retrofitted to the tub’s frame.
- Shell and door certified for IAMPO and UPC standards.
- All electrical components pass strict, UL Certification.
Fixtures and Fittings
We are pleased to offer you several, easy to use and stylishly designed fixtures and fittings to complement your bathing experience and bring a beautiful aesthetic to your bathroom’s decor:
- 5 piece, chrome plated faucet sets with solid brass construction. Each set comes with hot and cold water taps, and an easy to use diverter handle for operating the hand held shower piece.
- 1 1/2″ cable actuated drain and overflow kit.
- Shower curtain, L-rod, and slide bar.
- Optional 2″ Hurry Drain™ to drain your tub’s water in 110 seconds or less depending on the efficiency of your household plumbing.
- Optional toe drain for added security.Optional Speedy Fill 3/4″ faucet that attaches to a standard 1/2″ pipe for faster fill of your tub’s water.
- Optional shower slide bar designed with solid brass construction and chrome plating.
- Optional Glass Door.
- Optional Shower Curtain, L-rod, and shower curtain rings.
The motivation behind the purchase of a walk-in bathtub is different for everyone. Whether you are simply looking to create a spa-like experience in your home, or you suffer from sore muscles, stress, or even certain skin conditions, you can tailor the 2848 to your specific needs with the following optional features:
- Hydromassage: 10 water massage jets are strategically positioned to hit key pressure points on your back, legs and feet to stimulate sore and aching joints and muscles.
- Air Massage: 20 state of the art air jets are positioned at your hips and legs to deliver a light massage that promotes healthy circulation for better cardiovascular health.
Dual Air and Hydromassage: Experience the combined benefits of air and water massage with this dual system for better overall health and wellness.
- Microbubbles: With bubbles one-fifth the size of a typical air bubble, this system gently penetrates the pores of your skin, removing oils, dirt and odor and leaving your skin feeling refreshed for days after use.
- Aromatherapy: Experience the healing power of scent on your mind and body.
- Chromotherapy: An LED light is positioned in your tub’s basin which emits light for color therapy. Cycle through the entire rainbow color spectrum or settle on particular colors that enhances your mood and wellness.
- Spa Pillow Neck
- Cushioned Seat
- Heated Seat
- Bidet Jet
- Bathing Support Harness
- Thermostatic Mixing Valve
Do you have questions? Would you like to learn more about the CARE 2848S or any of the standard or optional features available to you? Please don’t hesitate to call at (800) 577-8475. We have knowledgeable and friendly staff standing by to speak with you, right now! Call today and start to experience an improved quality of life with an American Tubs walk-in tub!
|Actual size (W x L x H)||21″ x 48″ x 45″|
|Shipping size (W x L x H)||31″ x 50″ x 50″|
|Door Opening Width||15.5″|
|Water Capacity (Gal.)||45|
|Colors Available||White / Biscuit|
|Door Opening / Drain||Left or Right|
|Wall Tiles Flange||None (easy to install)|
Tub Shell (gel coated fiberglass)
- High-quality fiberglass material
- Excellent color uniformity
- Durable gel coat surface
- Easy-to-clean high-gloss finish
- Door sill with silicone rubber seal
- Wall extension kit to fit any standard 60″ tub opening
- Removable access panel
- Anti-slip floor
- Built-in safety bar
- Leak-resistant door drain
- Light-weight movable door
Therapeutic Air Massage System
- Twenty (20) all brass chrome air jets
- 110V – 120V Standard Plug-in, 1hp Hydro Pump
- Pneumatic push control, chrome colored
Faucet with hand shower is mounted on the deck of the tub.
- Five (5) piece brass roman faucet in chrome color
- Jewel arched solid brass spout
- 3/4″ Valve, 3/4″ ports
- Ceramic disc cartridges
- Quick connect spout installation
- NPS connections
- Handheld shower
- 18 GPM (average) @ 60 PSI
- Hand shower wall slider bar, chrome finish (standard)
- Hand shower wall slider bar chrome finished (all brass)
- Additional safety grab bar
- Headrest pillow
- Aromatherapy kits
- Ozone sterilizer
- Chromatherapy system (red, blue, and / or green LED lights)
- L-shaped curtain & rod
- Water inline heater
- Lifetime limited warranty on stainless steel frame, door, door seal, and tub shell
- 2 Year limited parts warranty